Produced by the WDBC Technical Practices Committee, these documents are intended to assist owners in developing request for qualifications (RFQ) and request for proposals (RFP) procurement documents for water and wastewater projects using design-build and construction management-at-risk delivery methods. They are structured so that owner’s can insert their own specific information instead of starting from scratch. Additional guidance on procurement is also located in the 4th Edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook (2016). WDBC also offers education session that are specific to the procurement process.
The Procurement Guides listed below are primarily available to owners and WDBC member firms. Request a copy of the Progressive Design Build Procurement Guide.
Progressive Design-Build Procurement Guide Overview – W-1100 (2013)
Progressive Design-Build Procurement Guide – Single-Step Process – RFQ – W-1200 (2015)
Progressive Design-Build Procurement Guide – Two-Step Process – RFP – W-1300 (2015)
Progressive Design-Build Procurement Guide – Two Step Process – Step 1 – RFQ W-1400 (2015)
Progressive Design-Build Procurement Guide – Two Step RFP – W-1500 (2015)
Construction Management-at-Risk Procurement Guide Overview – W-3100 (2016)
Construction Management-at-Risk Procurement Guide – Two Step Process – Step 1 – RFQ – W-3200 (2016)
Construction Management-at-Risk Procurement Guide – RFP Process – W-3300 (2016)
WDBC 4TH EDITION of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook – Click Here
WDBC Recommended Guidelines for Best Practices
Excerpted from the WDBC Handbook, these one-page guidelines are a concise description of the key practices within collaborative delivery
- Allocating and Managing Risk
- Collaborative Project Delivery
- Dispute Resolution Process
- Optimizing Value Engineering
- Safety Advantages of Design-Build Delivery Methods
- Using the Schedule as a Project Management Tool
- Summary Best Practices Guidelines to Prepare for, Procure and Manage Design-Build Projects
The following presentations have been converted to PDF format for your use.
- Procurement Documents for Progressive DB Mar 2013
- Contractor Private Financing Mar 2013
- DBIA 2013 Private Financing Water and Wastewater Facilities
- Progressive Design-Build Discussion, Peter M. Kinsley (Haskell)
- Best Practices and Trends in the Design-Build Industry
American Water Works Association (AWWA) Resources
- Design–Build for Water and Wastewater Projects, book by Holly Shorney-Darby, PhD, Editor Written for water and wastewater utility management, engineers, planners, city officials, utility policymakers, regulators, and design-build industry members.
- If you are looking for additional information not available on this site, please contact us at 410-798-0842 or email email@example.com. While WDBC Education materials are copyrighted, most are provided at no cost to owners and industry members. At the same time, the information and documents contained herein or available on our site are not to be construed as a substitute for legal advice provided by your corporate counsel. They are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date, and the WDBC accepts no liability for their use. They are not a substitute for advice from your own knowledgeable counsel and experts.