Our goal is to equip officials, managers and staff of municipal, private, and governmental organizations with the essential knowledge to use best practices in planning for, procuring, and managing design-build projects for water and wastewater facilities and the infrastructure. All WDBC programs are led by experienced trainers with participants receiving handouts and CEU’s. Check the Events page for the latest listing of Education and Training Sessions.
- Preparing to Procure and Manage Water Design-Build Projects
- Principles and Practices of Collaborative Delivery Methods for Water Projects
- Allocating and Managing Risk for Design-Build Water Infrastructure Projects
- Procurement Methods for Design-Build Water Infrastructure Projects
- Managing the Transition and Commissioning Process for Design-Build Water Infrastructure Projects
- A comprehensive “NEW” Integrated Workshop – Planning, Procurement and Managing a Design-Build Project
- We offer either a four- or six-hour program (can be expanded depending upon project or needs).
- A good class size is 12-20 attendees with representation of procurement, legal, and operations and maintenance. We encourage inviting other agencies and public officials that could be involved in either the current or future projects to attend your session.
- Produced with the input of utility and agency managers throughout the US, who have told us “what they need to know” in order to be prepared to handle both regular and emergency issues related to water infrastructure projects.
- Participants receive (and use) the WDBC Municipal Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook and additional handout materials.
- A pre-session questionnaire is used to guide the session and achieve participant learning objectives.
- A CEU certificate is issued to attendees who complete a short 10-question multiple-choice test.
Experienced practitioners, who provide first-hand knowledge and experience with effectively accomplishing a design-build water infrastructure project
- Provides room, attendees, any needed refreshments and AV equipment
- Reimbursement of travel and lodging costs of one or two trainers
Arrangements for an education session are made through the WDBC office by contacting Linda Hanifin Bonner, PhD, CAE, WDBC Executive Manager, at
410-798-0842 (o); 443-995-2285 (m); or email to: email@example.com.