Since 2008, the WDBC has provided a handbook for owners of municipal and private systems that answers their questions on to how to achieve a successful design-build project. This 4th Edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook, co-branded by the Design-Build Institute of America, is more encompassing and descriptive than previous editions. It has been updated and expanded to include clear direction to those responsible for procuring, designing, and building public and private water or wastewater capital projects in applying best practices for the various collaborative delivery methods.
What the new 4th Edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook Includes:
- A new chapter with organization steps to equip staff to successfully pursue a collaborative delivery project; including an example organization matrix with a discussion on the roles and responsibilities of the owners, their staff, and design-builders.
- A new section on the use of an owner’s advisor — and relating roles and responsibilities.
- Updated graphics describing the components within each of the collaborative delivery methods.
- Revisions to the chapter on allocating and managing risks.
- An expanded chapter on the essential practices to effectively implement a project from procurement through construction.
- An expanded discussion on the transition process from the design-builder to owners.
- An all new chapter introducing the topic of public-private partnerships (P3) as it relates to collaborative delivery projects, specifically within the water and wastewater industry.
- DBIA’s best practices are used to reinforce the overall principles and guidance provided within the chapter topics.
- 30 new case studies with examples of successful design-build projects of WDBC’s members.
- An expanded and more comprehensive glossary and new reference section with guidance on additional resources.
To obtain a PDF copy of the 4th Edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook, please complete the form below. Utility owners and WDBC member firms, WDBC advisor member firms, and DBIA members currently in our database will receive a link via email to download the handbook at no cost. Owners and members not currently in our database will receive an email asking you to contact WDBC to receive your PDF copy. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE LINK, please check your “spam” folder or contact Teresa Porath at Teresa@waterdesignbuild.org.
All others, to purchase a PDF and/or print copy (singles or box of 24), please check the appropriate box and you will be directed to PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to make a purchase. Mail orders can be processed by downloading this order form. Additional questions, please contact the WDBC office at 410-798-0842 or email@example.com.