- This event has passed.
Atlanta Design-Build Delivery Education Session
September 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDTFree – $75.00
This one-day inclusive education and training session for city and county officials; managers and staff of municipal, private, and governmental organizations; and private industry will provide essential knowledge needed to plan for, procure, and manage design-build for water and wastewater infrastructure projects.
Special Focus on Legal and Procurement Topics
- Legal and Other Topics in Deciding to Implement a Collaborative-Delivery Project presents key components of strategy, tactics, and implementation on what is required to build internal understanding and consensus about a project’s goals, priorities, and drivers, with special emphasis on the role and responsibilities of an owner advisor. Participants define actual project drivers.
- Principles and Best Practices of Collaborative Delivery describes the relationships of the core collaborative-delivery methods—construction management at-risk, progressive design-build, and fixed-price design-build—the differences as well as advantages and distinctions. Participants use the defined drivers to perform a preliminary evaluation of the delivery methods.
- Risk Management and Contracts addresses the areas of risk that are typical for water and wastewater projects: common project risks and allocation principles, managing risks, addressing liability and risk in the collaborative-delivery contract, contract commercial concepts, industry-standard contract forms, and cautions for consideration. Participants address the core risk topics for a model project.
- Conducting the Procurement Process describes the major steps in the procurement process from preparing the request for qualifications and request for proposals to selecting the design-builder or CMAR firm. Using the data from prior sessions, participants again evaluate the delivery method options for a model project.
- Managing and Implementing Collaborative-Delivery Projects focuses on core activities for three distinct areas. Participants role play exercises in solving actual project related topics.
- Team Structure for Effective Collaborative Delivery
- Developing a Collaborative Working Environment
- Implementing a Project Management Plan
- Getting to Project Completion and Transition provides a roadmap of activities essential to the success of the final project stages that allows all stakeholders to view the project with the most balanced risk profile and clear understanding of critical success factors. Using the model project, participants solve problems presented in the transition process.
- Participants each receive (and use during the session) a copy of the 5th edition Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook and additional handout materials.
- A pre-session questionnaire is used to guide the session and achieve participant learning objectives.
- A CEU certificate is issued to attendees who complete a short 10-question multiple-choice test.
ONLINE REGISTRATION BELOW