- This event has passed.
Missouri Joint MWEA/AWWA Annual Conference – Pre- Conference Workshop **POSTPONED
March 29 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
**DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. WE WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.
NEW THIS YEAR! Half-day Pre-conference Workshop:
Principles and Best Practices for Collaborative Delivery for Water Infrastructure Projects
Attend this workshop and learn:
- The steps required to prepare an organization to make decisions to procure and manage a design-build project
- The differences in construction management at-risk, progressive design-build, and fixed-price design- build delivery methods
- How to address risk allocation for water and wastewater projects
- The best practices for managing design-build projects
$40 includes: Copy of the 5th Edition of the Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook, a workbook, and additional handouts; a CEU certificate issued upon completion of a 10-question multiple-choice test
Each presentation includes an overview of the chapter content, an owner describing their project experience relating to the topic, and an open dialogue with session attendees sharing their experiences and asking questions. Instruction provided by four WDBC members and four owners involved with projects being presented.
- Deciding to Implement a Collaborative-Delivery Project
- Principles and Best Practices of Collaborative Delivery
- Risk Management and Contracts
- Conducting the Procurement Process
- Managing and Implementing Collaborative-Delivery Projects to Transition
- Wrap up, CEU quiz
Venue & Coffee Break sponsored by: